100% Irish Merino Wool Little Boys Hooded Zip Sweater with Pockets by West End Knitwear
Wrap up warm with this 100% Irish Merino Wool Little Boys Hooded Zip Sweater with Pockets. This sweater features Irish stitching patterns and is made from 100% extra soft Irish Merino wool which makes it soft to touch and comfortable to wear. Cable stitching traditionally represents fishermen’s ropes (as Aran would have been worn by fishermen to keep warm on the rough seas). The ladder stitching between the Irish cables signifies various stages of life. The various size and direction of the Irish cabling adds character. The hood and insert pockets make it practical, cosy and very wearable, a real winter warmer. This sweater is handmade by West end knitwear. West End Knitwear was originally established by Molly Cullen in 1957, the granddaughter of Kate O’Shea, who, in 1856, was the first craftswoman in Ireland to commercially market her robust, hand knitted woollens. Molly’s sons John and Paul along with her grandson Niall are the present owners of the company. Located in the village of Monasterevin in County Kildare, today, it is the biggest knitwear manufacturer in Ireland, it’s a modern company with a young, energetic workforce. They are the largest Aran sweater and jacket producer in the world. West End Knitwear is conscious of its roots in the past; however, the company has its eyes firmly focused on the future.
- A Proud Tradition – This hooded sweater is the most famous style in Aran knitting. Made from 100% wool, this garment features a variety of Irish Knitting styles, each with their own symbolism and meaning. The honeycomb stitch represents the hardworking honey bee, the diamond stitch represents wealth and success and the traditional Aran basket stitch is a symbol of good luck
- Design Details – This stunning children’s sweater is made from extra soft Irish Merino wool, blending traditional Aran stitching styles with modern, fitted style. This sweater features a hood, and two front pockets for keeping your child’s hands warm on a chilly day
- Premium Materials – Made from the finest 100% Irish Merino wool
- Irish Aran Knit Patterns – The craftsmanship and attention to detail in this sweater are a product of traditional Aran stitching and timeless design
- Authentically Irish – Made by West End Knitwear, this wool sweater is proudly made in Ireland